Bacon banana pancakes
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of caramel syrup
- ½ cup of butter
- 6 sliced bananas
- 2 beaten whole eggs
- 2.5 cups of half and half milk (50% milk / 50% cream)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¾ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 lb. of diced bacon
- 2 cups of granola
- Cook the diced bacon in a large saute pan until it renders the fat and it is fully cooked.
- Set the bacon aside to cool while you mix the other ingredients together.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the granola to the mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and half and half into the mixing bowl as you slowly whisk the mixture together until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the bananas and bacon to the mixture.
- Whisk the mixture slowly because over whisked batter will not rise well.
- Allow the pancake batter to rest for about ten minutes before you start cooking them on the griddle.
- Keep your griddle at 325 to 350 to achieve lightly coloured cakes, and don't use too much butter.
- This recipe makes about 24 or so 2 oz. pancakes.
www.chefbacon.com - now extinct.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.