Another nice way to cook chicken breasts. White wine with with white meat.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 4 chicken breasts, bones and skin removed
- 40 g (1 ½ oz) butter
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Chopped zest from ¼ of a lemon
- 40 g (1 ½ oz) almond flakes or halves, chopped and toasted, browned but NOT burnt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1 bell pepper (or a coloured mix of bell peppers), chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons cornflour mixed to a paste with a little cold water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt half of the butter in a pan and gently brown the chicken pieces on both sides
- Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and return to a gentle heat and cook for 20 minutes
- Remove the chicken and keep warm
- Add the remaining butter, onions, garlic and brown the onions being careful not to burn them
- Add the half of the toasted almonds, cornflour, wine and return the chicken and turn the heat up to reduce the liquid so there is just a little sauce
- Garnish with the remaining almond slices
- Pour into a warm serving dish
Try with ground almonds instead of chopped almond flakes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.