Albóndigas de basa con recado de achiote
Though I have used recado de achiote for this recipe, any spice mix, curry powder or curry paste would work equally as well. You know what it's like when you have something new in the kitchen. You need to try it out!
- 265g basa fillets
- 200ml milk
- 4 spring onions
- 6 frozen king prawns, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons of Squash mash, extra liquid squeezed out optional
- Zest and juice from 1 lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons recado de achiote
- A splash of nam-pla, just to make it even fishier!
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- A mixture of breadcrumbs and sesame seeds for coating
- A few tablespoons of vegetable oil for frying
- Using a small pan, poach the fish in a the milk (simmer, covered) for about 6 minutes, turning once or until the fish flakes easily.
- Drain the fish and discard the milk or feed it to your cats.
- Add the flaked fish, lime juice and zest, recado de achiote, nam-pla and cornflour and seasoning to a blender with a blade. Add the king prawns and squash mash at this stage if using. Process until finely minced. Scoop out and place into a bowl.
- Finely chop the spring onions and fold into the fish mixture
- Using floured hands, shape into about 16 balls and roll in the breadcrumb/ sesame mix, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the fish balls in small batches for about 4 to 5 minutes, turning reguarly. Keep warm whilst the remaining are being cooked.
These could also be deep fried until browned.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#fish #alba3ndigasdebasaconrecadodeachiote #recadodeachiote #zest #springonions #cornflour #basa #breadcrumb #sesameseeds #lime #deepfried