This garlic and potato sauce recipe is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones). It is more like garlic mashed potatoes, although it is served as a sauce. It can be served hot or cold.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 400g potato
- 1 free range egg
- 3 Cloves garlic
- A few saffron strands
- 50g olive oil
- 500g water (I would use 750g as using only 500g the water boiled dry)
- Heat the water in the bowl for 12 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1. (You only really need to heat the water for about 5 minutes)
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut them into medium sized pieces and place them in the Varoma bowl.
- Steam for 20 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Once cooked, reserve the potatoes, empty the water and dry the bowl.
- Chop the peeled garlic cloves 8 seconds / Speed 8. (4 seconds is sufficient)
- Add a little salt, a pinch of pepper, the saffron and the steamed potatoes.
- Blend until you have a thick purée.
- Add the egg and mix for a few seconds / Speed 5.
- Pour the oil onto the lid, little by little, keeping the Thermomix at Speed 4, until you have the desired texture.
You can use this to accompany any type of fish, especially those which are grilled, barbecued or steamed in the Varoma. At the same time, it goes well with red meat, meat fondues, as an aperitif, combined with other sauces.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.