Ajo Blanco Malagueño (TM)
This recipe for a raw garlic soup is for making in a Thermomix. See here Ajo Blanco Malagueño for how to make it conventionally.
- 200g peeled, raw almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g stale white bread (crumb only), soaked
- 70g extra virgin olive oil
- 30g vinegar, or to taste
- 1 litre water (approx)
- 10 White grapes to serve
- Put the almonds, garlic and salt in the bowl 30 seconds / Speed 5.
- Next, add the bread and blend 15 seconds / Speed 5 until you have the consistency of a paste. Repeat if necessary.
- Run at Speed 5 and pour the oil, little by little onto the lid of the bowl, MC on.
- Add the vinegar and water and blend 1 minute / progressively Speed 5-10.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve with peeled white grapes, or melon balls.
- Translated from a recipe in Impescindible para tu cocina, which is the book you get when buying a Thermomix in Spain.
I couldn't be bothered to peel the almonds and to be honest, it made little difference to the colour and texture. I used more garlic about 8 cloves. I didn't soak the bread. Instead of salt, I added 4 teaspoons Marigold Swiss Bouillon Powder. I did not peel the grapes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.