Újházi tyúkhúsleves (Újházi's chicken soup) (HC)
You can discover more about Hungarian recipes and specialist suppliers here.
- 1.8kg large whole chicken
- 2 heads of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 150g Champignon mushrooms
- Salt, peppercorns
- Parsley, ginger
- Pluck and dress a fowl, don't forget to remove the Parson's nose
- Dismember at the joints and give a a good boil.
- Pour off the water, wash the meat well in cold water.
- Put it onto boil again in fresh water and let it simmer gently.
- Remove the scum carefully as it rises.
- Meanwhile take two nice heads of celery, one carrot, one parsnip and some champignon mushrooms and cut them in longish thin pieces.
- When the fowl is half cooked add these vegetables and some salt.
- Put parsley, peppercorns and some ginger into a linen muslin bag a and put the bag into the soup.
- Cook till the meat is quite tender.
- Meanwhile make some noodle dough, cut it into very fine noodles, drop these into boiling water to which some salt has been added.
- When they rise to the surface strain them, and when the meat is quite tender dish the soup together with the meat and noodles.
Substitute fine, flat pasta for the noodles if you do not wish to make your own. Also use chicken stock for a stronger flavour. Add half a small cabbage and a few runner beans if you wish. --JuliaBalbilla 11:13, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#noodles #soup #celery #carrot #boil #vegetables #parsnip #boiling #peppercorns #cabbage #unusualrecipes