Pasta con salmorejo cordobés
For the salad:
- 350 g penne or similar sized pasta, boiled and cooled
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, cut into strips about the same length as the pasta
- A handful of black olives
For the salmorejo
- 600 g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 thick slice of white bread
- 10 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 500 ml olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Salt to taste
- Place the salad ingredients in a serving bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg with the oil in a blender or food processor until it thickens.
- Add the remaining salmorejo ingredients and purée until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Pour over the pasta and stir the whole thing a little, but not too much.
- Garnish with hard-boiled eggs and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
Needed more garlic and not so many tomatoes. Have adjusted recipe accordingly.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.