Kabanos and lentil casserole
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed, or to taste
- 1 bell pepper sliced, seeds and centre removed.
- 6 kabanos sausages, cut into slices
- 6 medium mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 600 ml carton of lentil and bacon soup
- ½ teaspoon of Chile flakes (optional)
- Olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Gently sauté the onions, peppers and garlic in oil that has been seasoned well with black pepper and chili flakes. This will take about 5 minutes. Place the onion mix in the base of a casserole dish, stir in the mushrooms add the kabanos sausages and cover with the lentil soup.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes
- Taste and season if needed
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.