Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
Halloumi cheese is brilliant fun - if you've never tried it before, have a go with this recipe. It is a cheese that you can grill without it melting - it also squeaks when you eat it. In this recipe it is paired with debbie&andrew's harrogate 97% pork sausages, avocados and a rocket salad. As well as being great fun, this recipe is also gluten free!
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- 1 x 225g block halloumi cheese
- 1 bag rocket
- 1 x 200g jar mixed antipasti in olive oil, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed, and sliced
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to its hottest setting.
- Place the sausages on the grill and cook evenly, turning often, for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice the halloumi into 0.5cm slices and add to the barbecue after around 10 minutes. The cheese will need 5 minutes or so to grill.
- In a large serving bowl toss the rocket with the drained antipasti, then add the avocado and red wine vinegar and drizzle with a little honey. Toss well and check for oil and vinegar - add more of one or other to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now slice the cooked sausages and cheese into slivers on the angle and add to the top of the salad before serving.
This recipe is also ideal for the barbecue.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.