Waterzooi de poulet (Chicken stew)
- 250ml chicken broth
- 1 chicken, cut into quarters or 4 chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3 stalks of celery, julienned
- 1 leek, julienned
- A little nutmeg
- 20g butter
- 30g flour
- 150ml cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- Steam the vegetables for 10 minutes in a knob of butter without letting them brown.
- Add the chicken broth to cover the vegetables.
- Season and add chicken pieces and cook over low heat for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook until slightly golden.
- Add this paste to the stock and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a tureen.
- Stir in the cream into the broth.
- Drain the vegetable julienne and add it to the sauce.
- Do not let it boil.
- If necessary, adjust the seasoning by adding a little nutmeg.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and chervil before serving.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #butter #broth #vegetables #julienned #chervil #nutmeg #flour #parsley #cream #julienne