Turkey meatballs with creamy lemon pasta
These meatballs are healthy, tasty and easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g turkey breast mince
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 350 g fresh pasta (pappardelle, linguine, spaghetti etc)
- 6 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 50 g wild rocket
- Green salad leaves
- Add the lemon zest, turkey mince, salt and pepper to a bolw and mix well with clean hands.
- Form into 20 balls, (slightly smaller than a ping-pong ball)
- Fry in olive oil for 12 to 15 minutes, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as instructed on the pack - fresh pasta normally only needs 3 or 4 minutes - it changes visually once it is cooked.
- Dress the pasta with lemon juice and crème fraîche and seasoning
- Stir in 50g of the rocket leaves and allow it to wilt.
Serve with fresh salad leaves
- Inspiration from a Waitrose recipe card
- If you have a food processor, make your own mince; just whizz a turkey breast for a few seconds with a metal blade.
- Try this with chicken or veal
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#turkeymeatballswithcreamylemonpasta #turkey #freshpasta #lemon #oliveoil #mince #pasta #veal #foodprocessor #lemonzest #chicken