Tuna and bulgar wheat pilau
This quick and healthy meal would probably be as good cold as it was when we had it hot recently.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed (optional)
- 110g bulgar wheat (dry weight)
- 200g can tuna in brine, drained
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 120g frozen peas, defrosted
- zest and juice from half a lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add a grind of black pepper
- Gently sauté the onions for about 5 minutes, adding the garlic for the last few.
- Add the bulgar wheat and stir well so it is coated with the oil
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed
- Add the flaked tuna and the peas, stir and allow to heat through.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, season to taste and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.