Traditional French tartiflette
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1kg Roosters boiled in salted water for 15mins
- 200g Smoked bacon
- 500g Reblochon cheese (You can also use a good soft cows' milk cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Once the potatoes have cooled remove from the water and peel, then cut into large dice.
- The potato should still be firm and undercooked.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the oil and then add the potatoes, shaking the pan to make sure they colour evenly.
- Cut the smoked bacon into large dice and add to the pan. Lightly season with salt and generously with pepper.
- Once the potato and bacon have coloured, drain and place into an ovenproof dish.
- Cover the potatoes with the sliced Reblochon (do not remove the skin of the cheese).
- Place in an oven at 180° C (350° F - gas 4) for 15 mins and then under the grill for a few minutes to completely melt and brown the cheese.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk