Tomaticán (Beef and tomato stew)
- 4 tablespoons color chilena
- 675 g lean, boneless beef, cut into 4 cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 8 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 170 g sweetcorn
- Heat the color chilena in a large pan and add the beef, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley and seasoning to taste.
- Sauté, strring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and cook over a very low heat until the meat is almost tender (about 1½ hours). Add a little water if necessary.
- Add the potatoes and cook until both meat and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.