Tinga de res
Lupita is known as one of the most popular restaurants serving authentic Mexico City cuisine in London. Lupita is a true reflection of the incredible flavours, colours and aromas found throughout Mexico City.
- 500 g cooked shredded beef brisket
- 700 g plum tomatoes
- 200 g of La Costeña green tomatillo
- 150 g of La Costeña Chile Chipotle in Adobo
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 whole onion peeled and cut in half
- 45 ml of corn oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig of marjoram
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dry mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon of Cracked black pepper
- ½ table spoon of sea salt
- 16 small Corn Tostadas
- Tender mix leaf salad
- 200 ml Crème Fraiche
- 100 g of Mexican crumble Queso Fresco
- 1 Avocado hass on slices
- Roast the plum tomatoes and 1 onion in half on a flat non-stick pan until everything is soft and the skin is blackened.
- Place in a mortar or a blender and add La Costeña Green Tomatillo and Chipotle in Adobo.
- Blend perfectly with the pestle or the blender until you obtain a thick sauce and reserve.
- Separately heat the corn in a skillet and sauté the onion slices stirring constantly until you get a golden colour. Add the minced garlic and gently sauté all together with the marjoram, thyme and Mexican oregano.
- Pour the mixture of roasted tomatoes, La Costeña Chipotle and tomatillos and medium fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Season with cracked black pepper and add half of the salt. Stir and check the flavour.
- Place the tostadas on a plate and top with the beef Tinga stew.
- Add Crème Fraiche to decorate.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Mexican Queso Fresco
- Garnish with the tender mixed salad leaves and a few avocado slices.
Mextrade, still going
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.
#onion #tostadas #crackedblackpepper #mexicanoregano #tingaderes #plumtomatoes #thyme #blender #beef #marjoram #garlicclove