Whilst you can buy teriyaki sauce, it's very easy, and much nicer to make your own.
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 cm peeled fresh ginger root, grated
- 300 g egg noodles
- Mix the marinade ingredients really well to make the teriyaki
- Spoon over the salmon and refrigerate for 30 minutes to and hour to allow the flavours to infuse
- Heat the oil in a pan and pan fry the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes a side, remove from the heat, cover , and rest for 6 minutes. This is the secret for perfectly cooked salmon.
- While the salmon is resting, boil the egg noodles for 5 minutes or as instructed on the packet.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.