Tabbouleh (Modern style)
Originally large quantities of bulghur wheat was used and there were just small speckles of parsley. This is a modern version, as nowadays, the weight of parsley can exceed the weight of bulghur wheat by 5 to 1.
- 50 g bulghur wheat
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250 g flat leaved parsley, finely chopped
- 50 g mint, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- 75 ml Greek olive oil (I used Kalamata)
- Seasoning to taste
- Rinse the bulghur wheat, drain thoroughly and mix in the lemon juice.
- Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, parsley, mint and tomatoes, mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the oil and seasoning, and mix (preferably with your hands).
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.