Stuffed mushrooms with garlic and Parmesan
These make a great starter or an accompaniment to a main meal. Beware, they are moorish and very filling.
- 2 big breakfast or Portobello mushrooms each for a starter
- 85 g (3½ oz) butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 50 g (2 oz) stale breadcrumbs
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) chicken stock
- 100 g (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F - gas 4)
- Brush the mushrooms clean, don't wash them.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and finely chop them.
- Melt 100g of butter fry the garlic until it colours, don't burn it.
- Add the onions and mushroom stems and fry for about 5 minutes.Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until it has reduced by half
- Take off the heat and add the remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with this mixture and lay them out on a greased oven tray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan and whisk in the wine, pour this wine stock over the mushrooms and bake for 15 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#mushrooms #stock #butter #wine #garlic #chicken #fry #stuffedmushroomswithgarlicandparmesan #parsley #parmesan #breadcrumbs