Spicy tortiglioni salad
- 300g tortiglioni, boiled for 12 minutes, drained and cooled
- 300g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 4-6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of flat-leaved parsley, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- 300g strong cheese, such as mature Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 560ml natural yogurt
- 5 tablespoons Pakistani basar
- Place all but the last two ingredients in a large salad bowl and mix them well.
- Put the yogurt in a jug and stir in the Pakistani basar (or other spice mix) until it is evenly distributed.
- Pour over the salad and toss thoroughly.
Use whatever spice mix you like but I think Pakistani basar goes well with cheese. However, you may need more or less than 5 tbsps, so mix it into the yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time, tasting as you go.
I used Gruyère cheese, but any hard cheese would be fine.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#yoghurt #cheese #spicytortiglionisalad #pakistanibasar #salad #spice #lettuce #tomatoes #greenpepper #redpepper #bread