These are easy to make and can be utilised with many different flavoured sauces.
- 450 g (1 lb) lean minced beef
- ½ cup grated onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed - this can be stale bread
- ½ cup white wine or water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour for rolling
- Olive oil for frying
- With clean hands, mix the mince, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, chili flakes and mint.
- Moisten the bread in the wine or water.
- Add bread and egg to meat. Knead well.
- Shape into 2.5 cm (1") balls, dust with flour, and saute in hot olive oil until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Balsamic vinegar gravy
- Sofrito (Spanish tomato sauce)
- Spicy tomato salsa
- Tomato sauce for pizza
- Roast garlic and sherry vinegar sauce
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.