Spekpannenkoeken (Bacon pancakes)
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 500ml milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 200g flour, sieved
- 150 g smoked bacon, finely sliced and cut into large pieces
- A pinch of salt
- 50g butter
- Mix the milk and eggs with the flour and salt until you have a smooth batter.
- Leave to rest, at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- Melt a little of the butter in a frying pan and fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and divide into 6 batches.
- For each pancake, add batch of bacon and pour in enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the pancakes on medium heat until the underside is lightly browned and the top is no longer liquid.
- Continue in this manner until all 6 pancakes have been made, keeping each one warm whilst cooking the remainder.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.