Spanish Thermomix bread (TM)
This is a basic bread recipe.
- 350g water (see Chef's notes below)
- ½ teaspoons sugar
- 40g fresh bread yeast
- 600g strong flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (see Chef's notes below)
- Put the water and the sugar into the bowl 2 minutes / 37° / Speed 2
- Add the yeast, mix for a few seconds, incorporate the flour and salt 15-20 seconds / Speed 6
- Next, knead 3 minutes / Speed Dough
- Remove the dough with oiled hands.
- Shape as desired and leave to rise until double in size, covering it so that it does not form a crust
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].°
- If you see that it is browning too much, reduce the temperature to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), Fan 180° C
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
Having made this dough this morning, I found it very hard to shape. This is due to the recipe having only 58% hydration, ie not enough water, so next time, I will try it with 400g water. Spanish butter is usually unsalted, so if you use salted butter, I would reduce the salt quantity in the dough. However, in general the bread was good, crusty on the outside, with a nice, soft, but twisted looking crumb.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.