Soupe au pistou
Green bean soup
4/5 Thanks Julia Jerry, aka Chef)
- 1.5 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 250g French beans, diced
- 3 potatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, peeled and crushed
- 100g small pasta shapes
- Garlic, to taste, peeled
- Several basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Put the water, vegetables and seasoning into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, st the pasta and cook over a low heat.
- In the meantime, blend the garlic, basil, oil and 2 tablespoons of the cooking stock.
- When the pasta is cooked, mix in the blended ingredients.
- Pour into a soup tureen and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Serve with good bread
- Adapted from a recipe in Larousse Gastronomique (1961)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #vegetables #soupeaupistou #garlic #soup #parmesan #grated #boil #onion #basilleaves #oliveoil