Soupe au pistou
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1.5 litres boiling vegetable stock
- 250g French beans, diced
- 3 potatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded, peeled and crushed
- 100g small pasta shapes
- Garlic, to taste, peeled
- Several basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Put the water, vegetables and seasoning into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, st the pasta and cook over a low heat.
- In the meantime, blend the garlic, basil, oil and 2 tablespoons of the cooking stock.
- When the pasta is cooked, mix in the blended ingredients.
- Pour into a soup tureen and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Serve with good bread
- Adapted from a recipe in Larousse Gastronomique (1961)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.