- 900g lean sirloin or topside which has been minced twice.
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper or 2 hot chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1.85 litres unsalted beef stock or water
- 115g rice or vermicelli
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pulverise the minced meat in a food processor and set aside including any juices.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions and pepper or chillies until the onions are softened.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the mixture is thick and well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Cool the mixture slightly.
- Put the beef and its juices into a saucepan.
- Stir in the onion and tomato mixture and add the unsalted stock or water, mixing well.
- Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the rice or vermicelli and simmer, still stirring, until tender for about 15 minutes.
- At this stage, and only at this stage, season. If you do this before, the meat may separate from the liquid.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly and serve in bowls, garnished with the Parmesan cheese.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sooyosopy #onions #rice #parmesancheese #onion #beef #tomato #tomatoes #driedoregano #cassava #grated