- 115g butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 225g cottage cheese
- 225g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 225g cornmeal
- 340g sweetcorn, pulverised
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 280ml milk
- 6 eggs separated
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Grease a baking tin measuring about 25cm x 32cm.
- Heat half of the butter and sauté the onions until they are softened and set aside.
- Cream the remaining butter and add to the cottage cheese, blending thoroughly.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and the onions.
- In another bowl combine the cornmeal, sweetcorn, salt and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Combine the corn mixture with the cheese mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Beat the egg white until they form soft peaks and beat the yolks separately.
- Combine the two and fold them into the cornmeal and cheese mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Whilst still warm, cut the bread into squares and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.