Smokey bacon peas
The is my version of Piselli alla pancetta, but using my home smoked bacon instead. If you are not fortunate enough to cure your own bacon, then I guess pancetta would have to do.
- 1 kg (2¼lb) fresh shelled garden peas
- 40g (1½ oz) butter
- 100g (3½ oz) home smoked bacon or smoked pancetta cut into small strips
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the peas in salted boiling water for 20 minutes
- Drain well and keep warm
- Melt the butter and pan-fry the bacon for 5 minutes on a low heat so it is lightly browned
- Return the peas to the pan and heat gently for 5 minutes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.