Wonderfully simple and delicious - food doesn't get much better than this for me!
- 200 g potatoes
- 450 g pink prawns (or shrimp), cooked
- 1 large egg
- ½ a red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Add the prawns, egg, ginger, chilli and salt to a food processor with a metal blade and pulse until roughly combined.
- Fork the mixture into the mashed potatoes, together with the coriander and spring onions
- Form into little balls and flatten them into small discs.
- Press the edges and both sides of the cakes into breadcrumbs and pan-fry them in vegetable oil for 4 minutes a side
User:Robin's serving suggestion:
Serve with some mayonnaise, mixed with lots of very finely chopped onion and a good amount of wasabi-paste. (There isn't any onion in the wasabi mayonnaise in the photo, but trust me, it's nicer with it.)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.