Schwemmknödel (Semolina dumplings)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten until fluffy
- Parsley, chopped
- 250 g semolina
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Mix the butter and the eggs, together with the seasoning and parsley.
- Add the semolina and enough cream to get a soft to medium dough.
- Allow to rest for one hour, by which time, the dough will have become firmer.
- Shape into balls and simmer in hot salted water for about 15 minutes. The dumplings should have risen to the top of the water.
- Simmer for a few more minutes and serve.
Goes with a variety of stews.
To test if the dumplings are ready, cut one in half to check for the right consistency.
- Osbane es'smid (Meat soup with semolina dumplings) from Algeria
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.