This simple nut recipe originates from India.
- 600ml vegetable oil
- 900g peanuts or cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons chilli powder
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to a high temperature.
- Add the nuts in batches and fry until golden - about 10-15 seconds.
- Drain each batch on kitchen paper.
- Mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Add the peanuts or cashew nuts to the bowl and ensure that all of the nuts are coated with the spice mixture.
- Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.