Sausage Boulangere (GF)
As this recipe uses gluten free products it is suitable for coeliacs.
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- A large knob of butter
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5kg potatoes, peeled
- 1.5 litres of hot chicken stock (gluten free)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Slice the potatoes as thinly as you can with a mandolin if you have one. Grease a shallow baking dish with a little of the butter.
- Part-bake your sausages in a lightly oiled baking tray in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during that time.
- Remove and put to one side.
- When cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthways.
- Melt the remaining butter along with a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat gently for 10 minutes.
- Now layer the potato slices, sausage pieces and the onion mix in the greased dish, seasoning as you go.
- Pour the chicken stock over the whole dish so that the contents are only just covered. Dont use all the stock if you dont need to.
- Now cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve this one pot meal immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.