Salsa de Remolacha y Almendra (Beetroot and Almond Sauce) (TM)
This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
- 2 cooked beetroots
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 100g olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 25g shelled almonds
- Put the almonds in the bowl and chop 3 seconds / Speed 8. Reserve.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add the previously chopped beetroot, the mustard, sugar, vinegar and salt and mix 10 seconds / Speed 4.
- Remove the lid and using the spatula push down the ingredients from the inside of the bowl.
- Next, close the lid and start the machine at Speed 4.
- Add the oil, little by little through the lid until you have the desired consistency.
- Add the almonds and mix for a few seconds / Speed 4.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.