Salsa chilena (Chilean sauce) (V)
Salsa chilena uses onions as opposed to tomatoes as the base ingredient. It therefore has better keeping qualities than the tomato based Pebre chileno
- 2 or more green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process briefly until the salsa is mixed, but not too smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.