- 2 ñoras
- 100 ml oil olive oil
- 500 g tomatoes, whole or sliced in half
- 25 g almonds, skinned
- 25 g hazelnuts, skinned
- 5 slices stale French stick
- 1 bulb garlic, skins intact
- 1-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to Gas 6/200C/400F
- Soak the ñoras in cold water for about an hour, having removed stalks and seeds if required.
- Meanwhile place the oil into a small roasting tin and place it into a cool oven.
- Once the oven has reached temperature, place all of the other ingredients into the tin, except for the vinegar.
- After about 10 minutes turn the ingredients over and leave to roast for another 10 minutes. It is a good idea to check the oven regularly to prevent over-cooking or burning.
- Drain the ingredients into a blender or food-processor, having peeled the tomatoes and garlic, reserving the oil.
- Add the vinegar and ñoras to the salsa and blend throughly.
- Add the reserved oil, little by little until you have the required thickness. Season to taste. and if necessary, add more oil.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salsaromesco #tomatoes #garlic #salsa #vinegar #peppers #roasting #grilled #ancho #fish #whitewinevinegar