Salsa Concentrada de Tomate Pera (Concentrated Plum Tomato Sauce) (TM)
This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
- 1kg very ripe plum tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig of basil
- 1 sprig of parsley
- ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut the onion, put it in the bowl and chop 5 seconds / Speed 4. Remove from the bowl and reserve.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them up and place in the bowl 20 seconds / Speed 4.
- Add the onion, oil, salt, sugar and basil.
- Program 45 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2.
- It is advisable to remove the MC so that the sauce evaporates and becomes more concentrated.
- Afterwards, replace the MC in the lid and blend 1 minute / Speed 6 so that you get a homogenous sauce.
- Place the mixture in a sieve to drain off any excess water to give it a thicker consistency.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#onion #sauce #basil #thermomix #oliveoil #plumtomatoes #pizzas #tomato #sieve #sterilisedjars #thermomixrecipes