Salmon pesto parcels
I've based this on a recipe spotted on a Morrison's recipe card. It looks interesting and as we have salmon about once every two weeks it is definitely worth a try. I recall there might even be some filo pastry in the freezer.
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice from half a lemon
- 30 g butter
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 x 170g salmon fillets, skin removed and checked for pin bones
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Mix the pesto, lemon juice and zest, breadcrumbs together and season to taste
- Melt the butter in a small pan and lay a sheet of filo pastry onto a dry cutting board. Brush with melted butter, add another sheet and rush with butter. repeat until you have two stacks of 3 sheets of pastry
- Place a salmon fillet in the centre of each filo stack and top with the pesto mix
- Gather the top of the pastry to seal the parcel and brush with the remaining butter
- Bake on a non-stick baking sheet or bake o glide for 25 minutes
- Serve immediately
- Based on a Morrisons recipe card.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.