Salade liégeoise (Bacon and bean salad)
- 200g lardons or bacon, cut into matchsticks
- 1kg medium potatoes
- 800g French beans, topped and tailes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 50ml cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in water or microwave (place in a round dish, covered, and cook 10 min at 800 W). They must still be a little firm.
- Peel them or not, according to your tastes, and cut them into slices.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in boiling salted water for approximately 10 minutes - they must remain crunchy.
- Drain them and rinse them a little with cold water.
- Brown the bacon and chopped onions in a large frying pan containing the oil.
- Add the potatoes and the beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season lightly and put onto a serving plate.
- Pour the vinegar into the frying pan and reduce for 30 sec on a high heat.
- Pour over the salad, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.