Rose bundt cake
Would be great if I could find a tin like yours!
4/5 I do keep looking. 👀 The Judge
This recipe requires the use of a Nordic Ware Rose Bundt tin, but any tin with a volume of 2.3 litres or a little bigger will do fine.
- 350g caster sugar
- 115g cream cheese
- 230g softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 380g plain flour, sieved
- 65g corn flour, sieved
- 1 generous tablespoon baking powder
- A large pinch salt
- 150ml milk mixed with
- 150ml yoghurt
- Grease the tin using cake release - butter or oil will not be sufficient. Use a pastry brush to ensure that all the nooks and crannies are coated.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4) - do not use the fan. If you cannot switch off the fan, heat to 160° C, cover the tin with foil before putting in the oven, in which case it may need a longer cooking time.
- Cream the sugar, butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at at time, beating well between each one.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to the sugar and butter mixture, one-third at a time, alternating with the milk and yoghurt, ending with the flour.
- Tip it into the bundt tin and bash it gently on the work surface to remove any air.
- Bake for one hour or longer until cooked.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Decorate as desired.
- Adapted from the recipe that came with the tin
This mixture may be a little too much, so make sure sure that you fill the tin no more than three-quarters. Bake any remaining mixture in a small tin or paper cases.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#butter #yoghurt #rosebundtcake #cornflour #bake #eggs #flour #creamcheese #bakingpowder #cake #castersugar