Rock salmon with garlic and coriander
This recipe needs advance preparation!
This dish is better, the longer it is marinated.
The salt helps to remove a little of the moisture so firming the flesh.
- 700 g (1.5 lb) rock salmon fillet, cut into 8 pieces or 4 large fillets
- Juice of ½ lime, lemon or orange
- 1 teaspoon zest of same
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, peeled and grated, reserve any juice
- 2 teaspoons nam pla
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced finely
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime or orange wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4) after step 4
- Generously season the rock salmon with sea salt and black pepper
- Drizzle the citrus juice, zest and nam pla over the fish
- Roll the fish in the marinade to ensure it's well coated
- Refrigerate for an hour or two
- In a pan, gently fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft, about 4 minutes
- Stir in the chilli flakes, ginger root and any juice
- Oil a small ovenproof dish and lay the fish in it together with the juices
- Cover with the coriander leaves and then ladle the onion mixture over the top
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
A faded memory
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#orange #fish #onion #rocksalmonwithgarlicandcoriander #garlic #lime #gingerroot #oliveoil #nampla #zest #chilli