Roast wild boar
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Score the rind/fat with a sharp knife and the rub with plenty of sea salt.
- Place the herbs and garlic in the centre of a roasting tin then place the joint on top of them.
- Roast in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes then reduce the heat to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Allow 40 minutes per kg plus 40 minutes - if it is a shoulder joint, cook for a little longer.
- When the meat is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes or so, wrapped in foil.
Serve with vegetables or cold in sandwiches etc.
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step by step roasting guide
As good with normal porkers
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#roastwildboar #unusualrecipes #wildboar #herbs #vegetables #restfor #roasting #miseenplace #roastingtin #garlic #fat