Roast red pepper salad with capers and preserved lemons
A pretty salad Julia!
It is another great use for your preserved lemons.
- 4 large red peppers, roasted, peeled and de-seeded - see here for instructions.
- 50 g capers, drained.
- ½ a preserved lemon. Pulp removed and rind finely chopped.
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped.
- 1 fat clove of Garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast, peel and de-seed the peppers - see here.
- Cut lengthways into 2.5 cm (1") strips.
- Rinse the capers for a minute under cold running water.
- Put the pepper strips in a bowl, add the chopped lemon, garlic and capers. lemon juice and season with black pepper.
- Toss well and leave for 30 minutes for the flavours to mingle.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#roastredpeppersaladwithcapersandpreservedlemons #capers #garlic #lemonjuice #parsley #roasted #roast #barbecues #redpeppers #unusualrecipes #starter