Roast pork pizza
- 1 portion of pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 5 tablespoons of shredded, cooked roast pork
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 balls of mozzarella cheese
- 1 small white onion, very thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- A few small red chillies, finely chopped - optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fine yellow cornmeal for dusting
- Pre heat a pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm from the heat source.
- This can be made in an oven but will take about 20 to cook. If using the oven, preheat it to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Dust the work surface with Fine yellow cornmeal
- Roll or stretch the pizza dough into dinner-plate sized circles. Make one pizza per person.
- Prick the pizza all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking.
- Slide the empty pizza onto the pizza stone using a pizza peel.
- Bake for about 3 minutes on one side only until it puffs up and is slightly browned
- Remove from the oven, flip over and add the topping
- Spread a few tablespoons of tomato sauce over the uncooked side of the base.
- Sprinkle with the cooked roast pork and dab apple sauce here and there.
- Layer a few rings of finely sliced onions over the pork.
- Tear the mozzarella ball in to pieces and add to the pizza.
- Sprinkle with chopped chillies if using.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Slide on to the pizza stone and grill until the cheese is toasted. This should take about 4 minutes. Keep this pizza warm at the bottom of the oven while you make the second pizza.
Serve with a green salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#roastporkpizza #roastpork #pizza #pizzastone #fineyellowcornmeal #grill #applesauce #oliveoil #pizzadough #mozzarellacheese #pizzapeel