Remolachas a la Sevillana
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 large raw beetroots, unpeeled, with roots intact and stalk trimmed to about 2cm.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 225 ml medium sherry
- Heat the oil in a largish pan and gently fry the onions until soft.
- Meanwhile, top and tail the cooked, cooled beetroots and peel carefully. Chop into chunks and reserve.
- Stir the flour into the pan and allow to cook with the onions for 60-90 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and gently add the sherry, stirring constantly.
- Add the beetroot, season, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or cold as a tapa or an accompaniment.
Keep an eye on on the sauce whilst it is cooking, in case it evaporates too quickly.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.