Red, hot, smoky peanuts and cashews
You know those cheap unsalted peanuts and cashews that supermarkets sell - the ones that taste like cardboard? This recipe turns them into a brilliant beer-accompaniment. An opportunity to use your exotic chilli powders!
This recipe is my take on red, hot, smoky almonds.
- 300 g / 1 bag mixed unsalted peanuts and cashews - or any boring nuts!
- 1.5 teaspoons of butter or olive oil / butter mixed.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or rough sea salt crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder such as Pimentón de la Vera
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chile powder or to taste
- Gently heat the butter and oil in a small pan
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Let the butter bubble and allow the nuts to 'roast' in the butter
- Tip out onto kitchen paper to drain excess oil
- Once they are cool, store in a Lock and Lock box
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.