Red, hot, smoky almonds
This recipe idea is from The Extraordinary Cookbook, a marvellous source of recipes and ideas.
- 300 g whole almonds - leave the skins on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or rough sea salt crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder such as Pimentón de la Vera
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add the almonds, olive oil and paprika powder to a lidded lock & lock box
- Shake well to mix
- Spread evenly on a baking tray
- Roast for 20 minutes, mixing and turning then now and then
- Tip out onto kitchen paper to drain excess oil
Serve in a bowl, sprinkled with fine sea salt
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.