Quick spaghetti in a hummus sauce
This is a really quick and delicious recipe - ideal if you are pushed for time. It's based on the slightly more involved version here.
- 225g (8 oz) dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 225g (8 oz) tub of hummus
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes in a large pan of boiling water. Drain well, reserving a little of the spaghetti water and return the spaghetti to the pan.
- Season the spaghetti with salt and black pepper
- Toss the spaghetti in 1 tablespoon of olive oil then mix in the hummus
- Add as much of the spaghetti water as needed to make a light sauce and mix well. About 3 or 4 tablespoons should do.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top and add a final grind of black pepper.
- Serve immediately
Fresh tomatoes balance this rich, creamy dish very well.
Substitute Sundried tomato hummus for a more colourful version.
Add a few peeled and crushed garlic cloves for a really garlicky dish.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.