Prosciutto, aubergine and Džiugas cheese aperitifs
Another great recipe idea for using your home grown aubergines.
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 teaspoons of good cream cheese
- 50g Diugas cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of your favourite fresh herbs, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Wash and drain the aubergine (eggplant).
- Pat dry and slice lengthways into strips, about 3cm thick.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper onto a baking tray.
- Lay the aubergine strips on the greaseproof paper, drizzle with olive il and sprinkle with black pepper and fresh herbs.
- Bake the eggplant strips for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Shred the Diugas cheese into strips using a julienne peeler.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto on your work surface, spread with cream cheese and sprinkle with a little extra black pepper and herbs.
- Lay some strips of Džiugas cheese on the top and roll up.
- Secure with a cocktail stick if needed
Allow to cool and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#eggplant #aubergine #blackpepper #freshherbs #prosciutto #greaseproofpaper #cheese #creamcheese #recipesfromothersites #oliveoil #herbs