Pozole soup recipe
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 450 g (1 lb) pork tenderloin fillet, cut into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves, ground
- 5 fresh chillies, de-seeded and chopped into rings
- 2 cups dried hominy
- ½ teaspoon salt
- On a high heat, add the oil to a large saucepan and brown the meat in small batches, remove and reserve
- Add the ground pepper to the oil, reduce the heat and gently simmer the onions and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add enough stock or water to cover the meat by at least 5cm (2")
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, for about 2 hours, topping up with stock or water if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and extra pepper if required.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#hominy #pozolesouprecipe #dried #simmer #stock #garlic #soup #groundcumin #cabbage #chillies #miseenplace