Potato pokhlebka is basically a potato soup, from the Russian Federation. Pokhlebka is quick to prepare and only contains vegetables. No fat is used and the vegetables should be added to boiling water, not cold.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 medium potatoes, cubed
- Garlic cloves to taste, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1.25 litres water
- Add the onion and the potatoes to the water and boil until soft.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the dill and parsley and cook for 2 minutes more.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.