Potato cubes with bacon and herb crumbs
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 750g Small Rooster Potatoes washed and cut into 1cm cubes.
- 4tbs Chopped herbs, parsley, chives, tarragon and marjoram
- 100g Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 125g Smoked Streaky Bacon Cut into small pieces
- 3tbs Vegetable oil
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Place potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water, add a little salt to season.
- Bring to a simmer and cook till potatoes are almost done.
- Drain in a colander and leave to dry.
- Mix together the herbs, whites, crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the potatoes in the crumb mix.
- Heat a dry non stick frying pan and fry the bacon for 3 to 4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove the bacon onto kitchen paper to drain.
- Wipe the pan clean, put onto a high heat and add the vegetable oil. Fry the potatoes till golden all over, add the bacon, toss together and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk