(Redirected from Poppadum)
They won't puff up if they are lying on top of each other, or if they are flat on the microwave turntable.
- Arrange 4 poppadoms at a time in a plastic bowl so they stand up independently.
- You can spray with a little olive oil if wanted. Not authentic, but healthier and tastier than sunflower oil.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, checking progress as you go.
- Remove only those that have fully puffed up and continue until all are nice and puffy.
- Leave to cool for 2 minutes after cooking because they don't become crisp until they have cooled down.
You do not need special 'microwave poppadoms' for this recipe. This works for any type of poppadom (or papadum, if you so wish!).
The best poppadoms?
I've tried lots of different makes of poppadom, some good, some awful. One common problem is that they have a cabbage taste. The best I've found (in the UK) are Khanum variety from Amazon (Prime). They appear to go in and out of stock, but are worth hunting down. My last order was £9.90 for 10 x 220g packs. [24th May 2020]
No oil used at all!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#poppadoms #microwavepoppadoms #microwave #poppadom #oliveoil #deepfried #fat #butter #brush #puffed #microwaved